Welcome to SnowtoSeas! Follow
My name is Anya, and as you’ve probably guessed, I have an obsession with travelling. I was born and grew up in Canada, but after finishing university, I decided to pack my life into a suitcase and move across the Atlantic. I currently live and work in Sweden, and I travel whenever humanly possible.
During the past 2 years, I’ve been travelling extensively throughout Europe (And yes, I also work full-time). While travelling, I’ve received hundreds of invaluable tips from anything and everything but guidebooks. I created this blog to document my adventures and share what I’ve learned. Most importantly, if you are reading this and are interested in travel, I hope that this site will motivate you to keep on exploring!
My site name comes from my own personal, internal dilemma. Over a decade ago, I went on a family roadtrip along the northeastern coast of the United States. We spent time in the Adirondack mountains and Cape Cod. I was impressed by these two very different places and started asking myself: If I absolutely had to choose, would I chose living amongst the mountains or by the sea for eternity? (Clearly a typical 14-year-old’s dilemma…) I couldn’t decide then and still can’t decide now. I am absolutely fascinated by both. So, I want my blog to share adventures from higher altitudes and lands with the midnight sun to explorations of turquoise waters and tropical heat.
If you’re still curious and have read this far, I can tell you that some of my other obsessions include photography, drawing, painting, graphic design, history, and metal, so you can expect them to find their way into the blog every now and then too.
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Where I’ve Been
- Austria (Hallstatt, Innsbruck, Salzburg)
- Belgium (Bruges, Brussels, Ghent, Leuven)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina (Mostar, Sarajevo)
- Croatia (Dubrovnik)
- Czech Republic (Prague)
- Denmark (Copenhagen)
- France (Paris)
- Germany (Aachen, Cologne, Düsseldorf, Füssen, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Mittenwald, Munich)
- Greece (Athens, Xylokastro)
- Italy (Bellagio, Camogli, Como, Menaggio, Milan, Portofino, Rome, Turin, Venice)
- Montenegro (Kotor)
- The Netherlands (Amsterdam, The Hague)
- Poland (Krakow, Warsaw, Zakopane)
- Portugal (Cascais, Lisbon, Sintra)
- Spain (Madrid, Salamanca, Segovia, Toledo, Valencia)
- Sweden (Falun, Leksand, Stockholm, Uppsala)
- Switzerland (Lucerne, Lugano, Zurich)
- The United Kingdom (London)
- Canada (Ontario, Quebec)
- The United States (Maine, Massachusetts, New York State)
- The Dominican Republic