Welcome to SnowtoSeas! Follow
Helping you go anywhere and everywhere from the summits of snowy mountains to beaches by saltwater seas.
The Girl Behind Snow to Seas
Hi! My name is Anya, and as you’ve probably guessed, I’m obsessed with travelling. I was born and grew up in Canada, but after finishing university, I decided to pack my life into a suitcase and move across the Atlantic. Currently, I live in Sweden and travel whenever humanly possible.
During the past 3 years, I’ve travelled extensively throughout Europe (And yes, I was working full-time). While travelling, I received thousands of invaluable travel tips from from hundreds of different people and places. I created this blog to document my adventures and share what I’ve learned.
My Snow to Seas Mission
I want you to live an adventurous life.
Thousands of Instagram accounts, blog posts, videos, and guides have already made it abundantly clear: there are millions of spectacular sites and experiences for us to dive into on this planet. And if your heart is set on travelling, you’ve come to the right place. I want to help you go anywhere and everywhere from the summits of snowy mountains to beaches by saltwater seas.
From experience, I know that all too often, money and time can jump in the way of our wanderlust. My goal is to find ways for you to break these obstacles down.
What makes me qualified for this task?
I’m going to be totally serious and honest here.
- I’m a teacher and I love what I do. I’ve taught more lessons and made more worksheets than my Google Drive can hold. I’ve helped school students ace English, and now, I’m passionate about helping my blog readers “ace” going on affordable and epic adventures.
- I’m a university graduate from the land of high tuition fees. When it came to getting a post-secondary education, I followed my heart and pursued teaching (not a high salary job in the countries I’ve lived and live in). For me, travelling on a budget is a “must.”
- Since summer is typically the most expensive time to travel, I look for other other opportunities to travel throughout the year, such as long weekends. I’m a master at optimizing my time in a city when I only have 24-48 hours to explore. So now, I want you to master optimizing your vacation time too!
So what sets Snow to Seas apart?
Teaching is in my blood.
I use my travels as the foundation for writing posts that will enable you to go on your own spectacular adventures. Every post is filled with advice, so you can plan trips that meet and exceed your expectations. Still have questions about something after reading a post? Feel free contact me and ask!
As well, I hope that my posts will inspire you to visit a whole range of destinations. I believe that no place is too far off the beaten path or too popular and “overrated” to explore. Every place has some something to offer, and my guides will help you get the most out of the hidden gems and popular destinations you visit. I want you to have the knowledge and feel empowered to make travel decisions that match your passions.
All in all, I am committed to travelling on a budget, and you will find many posts about budget travel here. However, I do acknowledge that some epic travel experiences cost more than others. Sometimes, we need to splurge a little (who doesn’t want to see those Norwegian fjords?). On many occasions, we’ll value having the experience rather than the number of dollars we saved (Take that dream trip to Switzerland!). In situations like these, I’ll be here to help you get your value out of the travel services you use and bookings you make!
The Story Behind “Snow to Seas”
My site name comes from my own personal, internal dilemma. Over a decade ago, I went on a family roadtrip along the northeastern coast of the United States. We spent time in the Adirondack mountains and Cape Cod. I was impressed by these two very different places and started asking myself: If I absolutely had to choose, would I chose living among the mountains or by the sea? (Clearly a typical 14-year-old’s dilemma…) I couldn’t decide then and still can’t decide now. I am absolutely fascinated by both. So, I want my blog to share adventures from higher altitudes and lands with the midnight sun to explorations of turquoise waters and tropical heat.
If you’re still curious and have read this far, I can tell you that some of my other obsessions include photography, drawing, painting, graphic design, Game of Thrones, and history, so you can expect them to find their way into the blog every now and then too.
I’m currently based in Sweden, so most of my posts will focus on planning and embarking on European adventures! I hope to cover destinations beyond Europe in the future.
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Where I’ve Been
- Austria (Hallstatt, Innsbruck, Salzburg)
- Belgium (Bruges, Brussels, Ghent, Leuven)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina (Mostar, Sarajevo)
- Croatia (Dubrovnik, Pula, Rijeka, Rovinj)
- Czech Republic (Prague)
- Denmark (Copenhagen)
- France (Paris)
- Germany (Aachen, Cologne, Düsseldorf, Füssen, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Mittenwald, Munich)
- Greece (Athens, Xylokastro)
- Hungary (Budapest)
- Italy (Bellagio, Camogli, Como, Menaggio, Milan, Portofino, Rome, Turin, Venice)
- Montenegro (Kotor)
- The Netherlands (Amsterdam, The Hague)
- Poland (Krakow, Warsaw, Zakopane)
- Portugal (Cascais, Lisbon, Sintra)
- Slovenia (Bled, Izola, Ljubljana, Piran)
- Spain (Madrid, Salamanca, Segovia, Toledo, Valencia)
- Sweden (Falun, Leksand, Stockholm, Uppsala)
- Switzerland (Lucerne, Lugano, Zurich)
- The United Kingdom (London)
- Canada (Ontario, Quebec)
- The United States (Maine, Massachusetts, New York State)
- The Dominican Republic